Yesterday evening OXID eShop operators and OXID eShop developers met for the second Usergroup meeting in Stuttgart. The topics e-commerce marketing and connecting the shop system to third party systems were on the agenda. In fact, only e-commerce marketing was discussed, which already exceeded the time frame. In addition, the next OXID eShop UG meetings will be split into e-commerce operators and OXID eShop developers in order to be able to respond more specifically to the thirst for knowledge of the respective parties. Thus we are facing the task of organizing two meetings.
#2 OXID UG Stuttgart: Impressions
E-Commerce Marketing Topics
There are plenty of marketing measures in e-commerce. These topics of shop marketing were specified by us:
- Content Marketing
- Digitisation of print media, creation of theme worlds and "community-controlled content", blogging and storytelling in e-commerce
- email marketing
- How do I increase the number of readers in email marketing? How can I make the content of an e-mail more precise, transition to the topic of Big Data
- Big Data Shops
- Data mining and the creation of logical links in content/email marketing strategies based on identified user interests
- affiliate marketing
- Which providers are there? Cost/benefit discussion about the purchase of affiliate traffic
- TV Advertising
- Marcel Grolms (suabo.de) gives an insight into e-commerce TV spots on Sky & Co.
Outlook on the next OXID UG meetings
As already mentioned above, the timing of the evening was overrun by the topic of e-commerce marketing, so we had to postpone the topic of the OXID eShop and the connection to third-party systems (much to the regret of our OXID developers). To counteract this, we will hold two UG meetings in the future. The focus of the splitting into operator and developer meetings will be to deepen the individual areas of interest of the different parties.
Meetings for shop operators will be much less technical and thus more in-depth on the operator level, but shop developers are still welcome to attend.
Developer meetings will be much more technical and deepened on the developer level. Shop operators who register for the developer meeting must be prepared for technical language and code talk.
Conclusion of the second Stuttgart UG Meeting
Despite the loss of the topic "connection to third-party systems", the meeting was a success. The exchange among each other and the arising questions and topics of conversation opened up new perspectives for many. We are looking forward to meetings three and four.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank Tim Schommer (schommer-ecommerce.de) again for providing the premises and the nice evening.
See you next time.