Yesterday evening, OXID eShop operators and OXID eShop developers met for the second user group meeting in Stuttgart. The topics of e-commerce marketing and connecting the shop system to third-party systems were on the agenda. In fact, only e-commerce marketing was discussed, which already exceeded the time frame. In addition, the next OXID eShop UG meetings will be split into e-commerce operators and OXID eShop developers in order to be able to address the respective parties' thirst for knowledge in a more targeted manner. Thus we are faced with the task of organising two meetings.
#2 OXID UG Stuttgart: Impressions
E-commerce marketing topics
Marketing measures in e-commerce are plentiful. We have specified these topic areas of shop marketing:
- Content marketing
- Digitisation of print media, creation of theme worlds and "community-driven content", blogging and story-telling in e-commerce
- E-mail marketing
- How do I increase readers in e-mail marketing? Which means can be used to make e-mail content more precise, transition to the subject area of Big Data
- Big Data Shops
- Data mining and the creation of logical links in content/e-mail marketing strategies based on identified user interests
- Affiliate marketing
- Which providers are there? Cost/benefit discussion on obtaining affiliate traffic
- TV advertising
- Marcel Grolms (suabo.de) gives an insight into e-commerce TV spots on Sky & Co.
Outlook for the next OXID UG meetings
As already mentioned above, the time schedule of the evening was overstretched by the topic of e-commerce marketing, so that we had to postpone the topic of OXID eShop and the connection to third-party systems (much to the chagrin of our OXID developers). To counteract this, we will hold two UG meetings in the future. The focus of the splitting into operator and developer meetings is to deepen the individual areas of interest of the different parties.
Meetings for shop operators will be much less technical and therefore more in-depth at the operator level, but shop developers are always welcome to attend.
Developer meetings will be much more technical and in-depth at the developer level. Shop operators who register for the developer meeting must be prepared for technical language and code talk.
Conclusion to the second Stuttgart UG meeting
Despite the loss of the topic "connection to third-party systems", the meeting was a success. The exchange among each other and the resulting questions and topics of discussion opened up new perspectives for many. We are looking forward to meetings three and four.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank Tim Schommer (schommer-ecommerce.de) for providing the premises and for the pleasant evening.
See you next time.